A little bit of history

A little bit of history 


I got my first show dog, a bearded collie, after I got out of graduate school in 1978.  






 (I can just hear you thinking "that's before I was born!") Beardies take a lot of combing out to keep their long coats in condition, so I learned from my breeder at the time all the in's and out's of drop coat care.  When I adopted a schnoodle , I had a chance to learn about groomed breeds...both Schnauzers and Poodles need regular grooming their entire lives due to the characteristics of each of those breed's coats. 




  I began grooming Housecall in Houston when I was showing Standard Schnauzers and Doberman breeds, which  meant that I took my own tools to the client's home, and set up there, grooming their dogs on their property, much as I had always set up my own grooming area at dog shows....using the same equipment.   When I could afford to, I bought and retrofitted an old church van into a mobile grooming salon, assisted by "Sportsmobile" in Austin, a respected maker of rv's and camping vehicles.   



I had a good business in Clear Lake/Friendswood/Galveston area  from 1993 to 2006, then moved to Bastrop and built a home there.  I changed the name to "Lost Pines Mobile Grooming Spa, LLC" then, and we lived there until just this June, 2014.  I had an AWESOME book of clients there, whom I miss sorely.  In October  we moved into our ''retirement home" near Somerville, and I'm finally unpacked.  


I look forward to meeting you and your pet, and seeing how I can help you keep them in good condition and comfortable, without you needing to drive to another town, if you'd prefer a mobile to come to you.